Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Deer to the rescue!

T'was the night before Christmas and all down Glendale Way, the deer were prancing to help with Santa's sleigh.  

B in his armchair and I on the couch,

Had just settled down for a Christmas Eve talk,

When what to my wondering eye should appear, but six sturdy deer in search of some nosh.

Yes, that's what happened this evening; six deer scampered down our street, stopping at our feeders and lingering on the front lawn in hopes of clearing out some leftover bird seed.  

It was a magical moment because I knew they were going to join Santa as soon as they'd had a seed top-up.  As I looked out the window, I believe I actually saw them rising and leaping into the night sky -- just as Santa's sleigh passed overhead, needing some reinforcement.

Ah, Christmas in Cochrane.  Such a wonderful time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment