Search This Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Rapunzel, Rapunzel....

...let down your guard.  But she didn't.  Katie Telford stuck to her non-story of non-answers when she appeared yesterday before the Commons Committee looking into whether the Chinese government interfered in the Canadian election and whether a large donation to the Pierre Trudeau Foundation came with Chinese strings attached.

Of course, both are true.  You can bet the Chinese interfered in a number of important ridings to put their candidates in.  And you can also bet that the numbered company that made the donation was mainland-China-owned.  In fact, so twisted and entangled was the source of the money, that when caught, the foundation didn't even know to whom to return it!

One of the main reasons Chinese Canadians so fear the Chinese government is that many have family still living there, the members of which are at risk of retaliation and intimidation if votes don't go the right way in Canada.

Trudeau claiming he has "absolutely nothing to do" with the foundation named after his father is patently ludicrous.  I mean, come on.  His own brother was a founding member, for Gawd's sake, until the heat became too much and he quit.  At least that's what I have gleaned, but not sure if he remains involved.  At any rate, the whole foundation is a cesspool of Trudeau inbreeding and chicanery.    

After pushing and pushing to get Rapunzel Telford to testify, opposition members of the committee finally succeeded.  This, of course, goes against the Parliamentary principle of ministerial responsibility and accountability.  As Trudeau's chief of staff, she is exempt, as are all political staffers.  So what were they expecting to get out of her?  She has absolutely no accountability in the mess.  The guy who needs to be grilled is her boss, Justin Trudeau, but he is still trying desperately to slither out of calling a public inquiry on the whole tangled tale -- a clear indication that there is much to hide.

Here's my prediction:  Trudeau will trigger an election in the Fall before he has to call the inquiry and the whole thing will blow over.  Afterall, MPs will be on summer vacation back in their ridings, so there will be nobody around to inquire into anything.  But what should really worry every Canadian is that Trudeau will get in again and the corruption will only increase.

_______________________

But a word about Rapunzel's hair.  When I was working, professional females were expected to have tidy hair.  Telford's is unbelievable!  How can she appear before a house committee looking like that?  I thought I'd stumbled onto a twilight zone episode of 'The Real Housewives of Parliament Hill'.  My mother would be turning in her grave if I had come from the office with my hair hanging all over me like that.  The words "harridan and harpie" came to mind as I watched and those are not descriptors with which any professional woman wants to be tagged. 

"God, I hope you don't go into the office in some of the outfits you wear over here," sniffed my late Mother when I arrived for a Sunday dinner in an outfit I had thought very stylish and au fait indeed.  The same would have been said of my hair, had I worn it like Rapunzel did yesterday.

Ah well, that's how out-of-it I am these days.  Sigh.....Rapunzel's tower -- akin to Telford's Ivory variety:       

No comments:

Post a Comment