Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

We all have one

The junk drawer.  Actually, we have two, but one has a few useful items, such as ladles and larger utensils.  

Got a great feed on facebook -- which I, of course, can no longer find -- asking people what was in their junk drawer.  Here's ours:

Useless, but maybe one day....?

The most amusing answers were batteries, cords for unknown devices, screws, paperclips, vitamin pills, bread clips, safety pins, elastics, dead pens, glue, tape, a hammer, string, wire, cords, a screw driver, a flashlight, expired flower-seed packages and sauce packets from restaurants........most absolutely useless and some possibly dangerous!

When we moved three years ago, I vowed to clean out the junk drawer -- which I did.  Sort of.  But I actually moved most of it into a new junk drawer because you never know!

Let's face it.  The junk drawer is indispensable, ubiquitous and immortal.  It will live outlive us all.  Here's one I found online:

One of the best I've seen.  A classic!
What's in yours?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment