Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2024

DCC

The gorgeous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!

I was thumbing through Netflix and came across a series about the 'Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders' (DCC).  Fancying myself above such frivolity, I almost missed a fabulous look at one of the most impressive groups of women around!  

I had been a cheerleader myself in high school -- head cheerleader for Lisgar Collegiate Institute, don't ya know.  Our tryouts consisted of doing a few cartwheels in the gym over the lunch hour with the Phys Ed teacher evaluating us.  I made it because I had taken ballet and did a pretty good cartwheel.  However, I do remember ripping a muscle in my right upper thigh, which resulted in a huge, bright-red bruise, which was extremely painful and lingered for weeks while I still had to perform.

So, I decided to dive into the entire DCC series.  

Man, was I impressed!  These young women are not bimbos, they are way above-average professionals.  For example, one was an orthodontist, another a veterinarian and another a medical supply technician -- you name it, these girls are very impressive.

And so are their talents.  For the 2023 season, 500 girls applied; the squad is made up of only 36.  Watching the various stages when so many are weeded out was heartbreaking, as they were called in for the cut talk they knew was coming.  Many cried and I don't blame them.  They had put their entire lives on hold for a chance to be part of an iconic team and they had worked so hard, only to be told they hadn't made it.

The two women in charge had been cheerleaders themselves back in the day and they still looked great.  One of the highlights was a reunion of ex-cheerleaders going back to the seventies.  What a show they put on!  

So, I stand educated about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.  An amazingly professional and talented group of women!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment