Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mostly predictable

As we all knew it would, 'Agro' won for best picture because it triumphed Hollywood for freeing the hostages.  As if.  And of course, Daniel Day-Lewis won for 'Lincoln'.  He is peerless.  Did you know his father, Cecil, was Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom from 1968 to 1972?   Happily, Sally Field didn't win because she didn't deserve to.  She was a ridiculous Mary Todd Lincoln.

The only other thing I can say about the Oscars is to comment on the mostly-hideous outfits.  Except for Charlize Theron.  Everyone else was a little dull and "under-the-top" -- especially the accessories and jewellry.  Boring.  No "Angelina Jolie emerald earrings" this year.  I loved them so much I had a pair copied in synthetic emerald, beryl.  They are spectacular, if I do say so myself.   

 

2 comments:

  1. I thought this years Academy Awards were different. I love Zeta Jones doing Chicago again. What a beautiful talented woman and 62 at that!! I thought the young actress who won in the ballet pink Dior Gown looked glorious.
    I thought Ben's wife's necklace was spectacular.
    You only seem to like those with short hair like yours!!!! Is this truly possible? No,
    I thought the MC was superb for a change. It was different. Jane Fonda looked amazing at 74yrs young. Le Miserables should have won
    more also The Life of Pie amazing book have you
    read it?? I was happy Not to see Brad and Angele, for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlize Theron would look gorgeous in any hairdo, she is so beautiful. I like short hair for me because I swim every day and anything else would be a complete pain. But I often wonder why women bother with long hair -- so much work!

    Catherine Zeta-Jones is 43, not 62.

    ReplyDelete