Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quite a haul

A pair of Adrienne Vitadini black and white patent-leather high heels, a pair of white leather, knee-high, rinestone-studded rodeo boots and a pair of white satin "birthday cake" heels came back from Houston with B.  Also a tangerine Ellen Tracy bag and Stampede jewellry.  B has better taste than most women, thanks to his feminine side.   

So, I was happy to see him. 

Waiting at the airport, I sat at the bar.  The bar is always the best place because you can be annonymous and yet approachable in a non-threatening way.  A young man entered and asked if the seat next were taken.  "No, please," I replied.  What a charmer.  "I detect a German accent," I said.  "Yes, I was born in Calgary, moved back to Germany and then to Edmonton.  I have dual citizenship," he explained.  He is now studying petrochemical engineering in a German university and hoping to return to Edmonton with his German wife.

"Where are you off to," he asked.  "I'm not off anywhere, just waiting for my husband to arrive from Houston," I answered.  "My three-week holiday is over," I laughed.  "Gee, I wonder if my wife feels that way too when I travel," he returned.  Yes, she does, I thought. 

Calgary is full of facinating people.     

No comments:

Post a Comment