Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

The Pecking Order at the Pool

Too bad many people have no clue.  We are all suffering the "Januaries" -- people who make resolutions about getting fit and thus clog the lanes for a month or so after New Year's.  I'm getting a little sick of them.  Can they not read, "slow, medium, fast"?  These signs denote who should swim where. 

Guess not. 

Pool etiquette dictates I not swim in the fast lane, only the medium.  And if I am in the medium lane with a "fast" swimmer, I will zig-zag behind him/her so that that swimmer never has to go out of his way to pass me.  Furthermore, when I have done my 50 laps, I switch to the slow lane with the flutter board.  That's just the way it is at the pool.  I would never swim with L in the fast lane, for example, nor would I bother R in that lane either.  Interestingly, I taught A how to breathe and change sides every third stroke and now she is in the fast lane way ahead of me.  Good for her.

What p-sses me off are the breaststrokers in the fast lane.  What are they doing there?!  As regulars, we all know each other and we all know who swims where. 

I just wish the "Januaries" would obey the rules or bugger off.         

No comments:

Post a Comment