Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Call me old-fashioned.....

....but if my mother had ever found out I had been hanging out with five sailors in an all-male barracks she would have walloped and grounded me for, well.....forever.  Sexual assault is apparently what happened to a young woman who did just that at the Shearwater Barracks the other night -- or was it early morning?  "You're asking for it," jumps to mind.  And you are.  Women give off signals about what they do -- and don't -- want and that has never changed.  This also applies to clothing.  I am not a prude.  I enjoy being a woman and dressing well, but cut-off shorts and a halter top at 2 a.m. do not exude modesty. 

I'm not saying it was totally her fault (as all of you who chastise me for "blaming the victim"), but it kind'a was.  If you drink and party with a bunch of guys and then go back to their barracks with them all alone, what do you think they will do?  As far back as time immemorial, "boys will be boys" because at the end of an evening of drinking in a bar, it's all about sex.  Period, the end.        

The same question puzzles me about the 15-year-old native girl who sadly has just been taken off life-support, after having been pulverized by another kid in a parking garage in Winnipeg.  "WTF" was she doing in a parking garage in the middle of the night with a crazy teenage-boy?!  But what is completely galling is the mother is blaming "the system".  Why was that girl taken into care in the first place?  Because the mother was deemed incompetent.  And she blames "the system".  It is so appalling.

Hang your head in shame.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment