Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ball striking has been the problem

"It's not my game, it's more whether my elbow can hold up.  It's just ball-striking has been the tough part for me." 

You could not make that up.  Said by one-time Master's champion Mike Weir, it's proof positive that golfers are delusional.  Dwelling on the margins of the PGA Tour, Weir still thinks he "has it".  "I feel like if I get things in order, I can still compete at the highest level.  I still believe that in my head and it's just frustrating not to be able to translate it to my game yet."   Huh!!??

He actually believes that and said so.  Last time I checked, "ball striking" was key for a golfer.  No?  "It's not my game, it's more whether my elbow can hold up.  I just have a tough time striking the ball.  I get to the top of my swing, the arm breaks and then I extend it and that's where I start to get tightness and soreness all through that arm," explained Weir.  "I have to figure out a way to use my body to strike the ball more than my arm."  Huh!!??

But if golfers are delusional, tennis players are assh-les.  I don't think I've ever belonged to a tennis club whose members were not assh-les.  They think they can play better than they actually can and to top it all off, they are cheap. 

So, that's my take on two popular sports. 

By the way, this will be the last blog I post on facebook, so if you want to read it you will have to become a "follower".  I might change my mind, but lately there have been too many comments from non-followers that have annoyed me for the moment.  If you want to criticize, show your face.  So, bye-bye to many.           

No comments:

Post a Comment