Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Some things don't add up..........

Thanks very much to Bob Geldof and Bono for the millions and millions they have raised for African dictators over the years.  And thanks very much to all the Western country patsies who have donated billions to that continent over many generations.  And for what?

"If you don't eat your dinner, think of all the starving children in Africa," my mother used to say.  "They wouldn't like this liver either," I always said to myself, as I sat obstinately in front of an awful morsel of grey leather at our dining table until 11 p.m., when I eventually admitted defeat and consumed it.  This only had to happen once, after which I never turned anything down on my plate.  I did the same with my children and step-children, who once asked if the cold casserole I served them for breakfast, after they had refused to eat it at dinner, could be warmed up.  "No.  This is not supposed to be pleasant," I replied.  They ate it and it never happened again. 

The fact that thousands and thousands of Africans are setting off in rickety boats to leave that sorry continent and dying is the reason I give nothing to Africa.  Westerners and celebrities have bilked the international public of millions of dollars, which have gone into the pockets of dictators with off-shore accounts.  I mean, if thousands will risk their lives to leave, what has the money everyone has  given that continent done?  How about nothing.  Same thing with Haiti.  Forget about it. 

Give your money to the Salvation Army, the only charity that actually gives money to those who need it. 
__________________________________________

And here we are again.  Perry Bellegarde, grand chief of the Assembly of First Nations, has panned the latest federal budget.  "It's a status-quo budget and I always say the status quo is not acceptable," he stated.  Hey buddy, the "status quo" is how the money is transferred to you.  It's how you continue to rake in $8.2 billion unaccountable dollars a year.  Obviously, you love the "status quo".  Dear me, the latest budget only gave natives an additional $40 million for the next five years to help natives achieve better educational outcomes for their children.  But it was rejected.  Really? 

The natives threw one of their own, Shawn Atleo, "under-the-bus-to-the-curb-arrow-in-the-heart" because Atleo actually wanted to negotiate with the federal government about the educational funding the federal government was offering.  This was when...wait for it.....I'm not kidding.....$1.25 billion was offered for core educational funding.  That money was rejected by the natives who said, "the deal put too much control in the hands of the Aboriginal Affairs Minister."  Last time I checked, all schools have to abide by provincial and federal standards.  What's the problem? 

Since when does anyone get anything for nothing?

Obviously, Canadian natives expect "Money for nothin' and their chicks for free".

I'm sick of it.
_________________________________

And just for good measure, Armenians are once again protesting in Canadian streets about a "genocide" which apparently happened.........wait for it.............sit down please..........gather yourselves......100 years ago!  Really?  But wait a minute, maybe it was the Turks who were protesting about the Armenians?  I haven't really got the whole thing straight, because I actually consider myself a "Canadian".  One thing I am clear about is that Canadian-born children -- regardless of county-of-origin -- are being encouraged to continue this BS by parents WHO HAVE LIVED AND PROSPERED HERE FOR GENERATIONS! 

Can we not leave the past behind and get along?  I guess not.  Please. 

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment