Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Boring

I was trying to figure out who in my life was not boring.  Couldn't think of a single soul.  Going through my old boyfriends, I realized they were all boring -- which was why I didn't marry any of them.  My ex-husband, however, was someone who was not boring, which was why I married him.  My current husband was also not boring, which was why I married him.

The Brits say the worst social sin one can commit is to be a bore.  Hear, hear!  For me, the definition of a bore is someone who is predictable.  I mean, when one is at a dinner party and knows exactly what a table companion will say......it's boring!  B and I went through everyone we knew and came up with.....bores.  The only people we could think of who were not boring were his grandfather and my father.  Everyone else was banal and predictable.   

I am sure I sound egomaniacal and I know I am a bore to many people I encounter because I am definite.  I see life in black-and-white, which is why I have a blog.  Oh, to meet someone who is not boring!       

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy - this is Bob, the swimmer. Interesting how I tracked you down. Last week I met Brian Marley-Clarke - I "googled" him and found this: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Bartleman/1416830/story.html and realized that I know both bookends in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good sleuthing! My husband told me about chatting with you and I said, "I know Bob, he's a great guy." Just got back from the pool.

      Delete