Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

Times have changed

Phone stores are jammed,.  Jewellery stores are ghost-like.  That's a very different Christmas experience from what I grew up with.  Tramping around a local mall yesterday, I was amazed at the crowds shopping for phones, as opposed to diamonds.  Hey ladies, get a grip!

Of course, back in the day we only had land lines and pay phones.  I mean, who would shop for a black, hard-plastic, dial phone for Christmas!?  Yep, that's how far back I go.  Back to the days of carbon paper, manual typewriters and white out.  Heck, I even remember my grandparents' home with a wind-up ring phone on the wall, which required an operator to plug in the number and connect the caller to the call-ee.

In recognition of my previous blog about women just wanting "the ring", I maintain self-supporting women are short-changing themselves if they opt for a phone or an IPad.  My message is don't sell yourselves short by dumping your education and sitting on your ass, being kept by some man.  But if you support yourself and are a true financial partner in a marriage, by all means get a little jewellery girl!  To those women who have taken up an expensive seat in an institute of higher learning, yet have wasted their education by sitting on their asses at home, I say, "You have betrayed the battle original feminists waged on your behalf.  Frankly, don't ask for jewellery from your benefactor, you don't deserve it."

Merry, merry. 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment