Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Here's why

I don't give a cent to Africa and I'm going to tell you why.  In spite of the billions we have given for generations, the middle class remains small across most parts of the continent.  Only six percent of Africans qualify as middle class, i.e., those earning $10 to $20 a day.  Judging by this, the number of middle-class earners has not changed since 2011. 

Where does your money go?  To the leaders who squirrel it away in Swiss bank accounts, leaving 90% of Africans earning fewer than $10 a day.  In spite of an average economic growth of more than 5% a year -- twice as fast as population growth -- the middle class remains insignificant because the proceeds of economic growth are not shared equally. Today, previously extremely-poor Africans are simply classified as merely "poor".  So, when I suggested my mother send my uneaten dinner to starving Africans, the effort would have done no good.  Neither do the many "Live Aid" concerts staged by millionaire rock musicians.  It's all a total "feel good" sham.

I feel the same about "pink ribbon" cancer campaigns.  The "Run for the Cure" is heartless because it encourages victims and relatives to cling to hope.  Folks, cancer is an industry.  No one wants to cure it because thousands and thousands would lose their jobs.  Cancer is all about money.          

I also don't give a penny to countries such as Haiti.  Do I need to spell out the reasons? 

No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment