Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Thin skins

Yet another extended family member has complained to B about one of my posts and I have been forced to delete it for the sake of marital harmony.  Seriously, people, get over yourselves!

A few years ago it was my cousin's wife petulantly whining to her husband about something I wrote which made her look a tad silly (which she was at the time).  Then it was a dyed-blonde family member who took a generalized anti-dyed-blonde blog personally, again complaining to B.  Recently it was a relative who took exception to something I wrote about Christmas in Ottawa. 

Poor B.  "I don't read Nancy's blog," he tells people, "so I don't know what you're talking about."  But anyone who knows me as intimately as do these people should never be surprised about anything I write.  As long as it's not slander or libel, I'll put it out there.  And the person I take the mickey out of most?  Me.  These are the "for fun" blogs, but when I write about something serious -- such as the state of native affairs in Canada -- I research all the facts and numbers available.  I don't just make sh-t up. 

I recently did a blog about what I thought of those ridiculous global women's marches and asked B for permission to post it on his facebook site.  He read it and agreed.  I was surprised because if you check his site and see his female "friends", you will see how feministic and liberated they claim to be.  Frankly, my interpretation of what they post amounts to an "I'm all right, Jill" view of the world.

I wondered how many of them would react to the post?  You guessed it, none.  I know they think B is as charming and liberated as the next white, middle-class fella, but he isn't.  And if they gave it a second thought, they'd know that married to me, his brain meshes with mine.  By the way, I was also surprised none of my female "friends" reacted either. 

Tells me all I need to know.   

4 comments:

  1. I never miss a blog of yours and will say you always call it the way you see it. Unfortunatly I don't know how to get Brian's blog..
    Allan J. in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian doesn't have a blog. Occasionally he puts one of mine on his site, but not often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara MacMahon-FirestoneJanuary 31, 2017 at 10:01 AM

    I couldn't find your Blog on Brian's Facebook either. Barbara

    ReplyDelete