Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

In Fairness

Many years ago, I had a date with Colin Kenny.  Set up by a mutual friend, (see "The Prince of Ottawa", blog Sept. 29, 2011) it was a costume party; I went as a football player, he as a cheer leader.  It was great fun and we won!  He even wore a wig, I the big pads, helmut and cleats.   

Now I see he has resigned and retired early from The Senate.  I am not surprised because he was always a male chauvinistic guy (was going to say "pig", but wanted to be nice), but my date with him was not in any way sexually aggressive.  In fact, apart from getting head-in-the-toilet sick, he was a perfect gentleman. 

The next day, he arrived at my parents' house with Copey to apologize to me for his behaviour.  That was very impressive.  I accepted, but we never dated again.  So, while he must have continued his behaviour, he never preyed on me and I just wanted to put this out to say that whatever he has done, he was a perfect gentleman with me and treated my parents with great respect.      

No comments:

Post a Comment