Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2018

Too much

Heard an interview on CBC yesterday with some-doctor-or-other discussing assisted suicide.  To my on-going horror, he answered each question with, "So......"  What the eff??!!  I know I have gone on about this before, but why does everyone now do this??!!?? 

"What are the legalities surrounding the taking of organs from a cadaver?" asked the interviewer.  "So.........." the doctor went on.  It drives me insane!  Who started this and why???!!!  I may actually go on-line and find the idiot's name and send him an email.

Both spoken and written English are being mutilated at every turn.  It makes me weep because I love grammar and proper speech.  I mean, if you can't properly speak and write your native tongue, what hope have you? 

Am I alone?  Guess so. 

p.s.  Chrystia Freeland is so annoying.  Can't stand her, with her perky know-it-all-ness.  Making a mess of the NAFTA negotiations, she still thinks she has a credible role to play.  She is a joke.  I was a member of the original Free Trade Task Force in 1988 and know the realities of such deals.  Heck, I even have a citation in our office praising me for having been a part of it.  I am very proud of it. Folks, there has to be respect and give-and-take, but the smug Freeland seems to have no idea of how to deal with the US?!  I predict NAFTA will be cancelled.          

No comments:

Post a Comment