Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Three out of three

A woman I was swimming with yesterday had them all.  Not only was she overweight, she was also very unattractive and rude. (I was going to say "fat, ugly and a bitch", but didn't want to be too crude.)

Normally I don't swim in the "fast" lane, out of respect for the really good people in whose way I would be, but yesterday the "middle" and "slow" lanes were crowded with people trying out their new year's fitness resolutions and she was the only one in the "fast".  When I joined the lane, I realized she wasn't that fast after all and when we both reached the end of the lane at the same time, I moved aside and said, "Just trying to get out of your way," with perfect pool etiquette.  "That would be nice," she barked and swam off. 

Whoa!  Who does that?!  The two best swimmers in there, Beau and Erin, would never, ever speak to a fellow swimmer like that -- especially when someone was trying to be considerate and polite.  With her too-many tattoos, I guess she thought she was a cross between Penny Olesiak and Kaillie Humphries.  She wasn't.

Anyone who talks like that to a perfect stranger is a very angry person.  Hey, put down the doughnuts and start to like yourself.  But if you're going to do nothing about your appearance, at least be nice because people will react accordingly.

And speaking of pool goings-on, a Muslim woman got in today fully clothed from head to toe and bone-dry to boot!  I mean, I know it's her religion, but at least shower off your outfit like the rest of us.  It was both disgusting and alarming and I complained.  Guess what will be done about it?  Yep, that's right.  Maybe tomorrow I should swim in my overcoat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment