Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2019

Finally

Wernick resigned.  About bloody time.  I used to be proud to tell people B worked in the Privy Council Office, but after the disgrace of people like Michael Wernick, I stopped being proud.  Actually, the PCO was ruined many years ago, when Trudeau senior started politicizing the appointment of clerks.  People like Jocelyn Bourgeon, Kevin what's-his-name and their ilk ruined the reputation of this venerable institution.

I met B when my then-boss told me in 1980 I had to report to him to run an IPAC conference.  I thought, OMG!  The PCO?  He must be a pompous ass in a 16-piece suit.  But I was wrong.  He was totally professional and a perfect gentleman.  I was hooked. 

Anyway, that's almost 40 years ago.  I digress.  I am just glad to see the back of Wernick as he leaves the building.  Maybe, some trust can be put back into the PCO.  Maybe.
_________________________________________

Actually, wanted to highlight the Australian Senator who commented on the recent attacks on Muslims in New Zealand.  All the guy said was he was sorry about the killings, but this time it was of Muslims, who were usually the perpetrators.  Well!!!!  He was vilified, attacked and hounded to death.  Both prime ministers of Australia and New Zealand called for his resignation and petitions were launched to practically kill the guy!  Why?  Because he actually told the truth. 

My question is, why is it always open season on Christians, but no one can say a word when it goes the other way?  I am in no way condoning what that lunatic did, but lone Muslim men have killed many in other attacks.  Why can this not be pointed out without people going insane?

Beats me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment