Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2019

What an a--hole

I'm talking about P--- T-llier, a used-to-be....well....everything.  After leaving as the PCO Clerk, he went to Bombardier where he fired 16,000 people -- something of which he remains very proud.  There was an article in 'The Globe and Mail Report on Business' magazine today about T-llier and it brought back many unpleasant memories for both B and me.  We both worked with him back in the day; B at the PCO and I at PS 2000, where I had the misfortune to report to him. 

At one point, B and T-llier were colleagues at Urban Affairs and -- stop me if you've heard this before -- T-llier kept bugging B to play squash with him.  An excellent raquets player, B kept putting him off until finally he agreed.  Not only did T-llier not win, he didn't get a point!  "Well, I let him have a couple," admitted B the other day.  But the crowning touch was after the match, when B said, "That was fun, P---, but we should play tennis.  That's really my game."

When I heard that, I said, "Well, now that he's Clerk, that's your career done."  "Don't be ridiculous," B said, "He can't hold a grudge that long." 

Yes he can and yes he did.  And it didn't help me when I worked for him that my name was "Marley-Clarke" because he immediately knew to whom I was married:  The guy who cleaned his squash clock.  By the way, T-llier never asked B to play tennis.

In the article, T-llier lauds his glory over and over -- even trashing an unnamed DM I worked for and admired greatly.  (What he said about him told me immediately who it was.)  I had to laugh when he said in the article that he deplored the centralization of power.  OMG!  Nobody did that better than T-llier!  He even took it to the annual Christmas party, where he prowled around seeing who had had one too many.  For some reason, he didn't like anyone who imbibed, so I stayed for a short time and left with my "Marley-Clarke" name sober and in tact.  A real killjoy, that's for sure. 

T-llier was also the guy who fudged his resume to say he had graduated from Oxford in England and then blamed a secretary for mixing his up with someone else's.

Pluuuuuuese.

So, thought I'd fill you in on my inside knowledge.  Oh yeah, almost forgot, a number of Bombardier executives just cashed out their stock and reaped upwards of $36 million among them -- all the while firing employees amid plunging stock values.  And remember, folks, this is the same company the Canadian taxpayer has been subsidising for many years!

Yep, I've been around the block a few times and enjoy sharing these tidbits.





No comments:

Post a Comment