Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

You knew it would happen again

Yep, after hectoring people for years to file on line, the CRA efile option has crashed.  Again.  This happened a couple of years ago, costing the government billions because they had to extend the filing deadline to compensate for the delays they had caused with their incompetence.

I remember when I was working in Client Services -- and I use the word "Services" loosely because we just complicated everything -- we were hammering efile to the back teeth.  In my view, the problem remains that the IT department is too jammed with "experts" to get anything right.  I ran a dinky little national program called the "Problem Resolution Program", yet whenever I asked for a meeting with IT all hell broke loose.  Instead of sending one or two people to the meeting, they came in droves.  One time, no fewer than 11 people were seated around a conference table to resolve one simple issue.  It was ridiculous! 

CRA reaps what it sows.  Good luck with that mess.
_______________________________________________

On another note, I have a painful "knot" in my right upper back that will not yield.  Tried physio and chiropractic, but that did nothing.  Finally have resorted to acupuncture.  But instead of forking over $85 a crack, I have been going to the Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for $25 bucks a session.  Actually, it's been working, to my dismay.  For a pain in your back, they insert two needles in your thumb, two in your thigh, one in your elbow and two where it actually hurts.  Then you lie there for 25 boring minutes. 

We'll see how this comes out in the wash.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment