Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2019

More ludicrous

People take offence at everything these days.  I posted on a fb "friend's" site that Filipinos sent more money back to the Philippines than any other ethnic Canadians.  Boy, someone got all uppity and accused me of this and that, saying they could send their "hard-earned money" anywhere they liked.

Yes, they can, but it gets taken out of the Canadian economy where it has been earned.  Next in the remittance department are the Nigerians.  I am simply stating what 'The Economist' publishes every week in stats that reveal what is happening all over the world, but this woman took umbrage.  In fact, I actually removed my comment to damp down the internet noise over this stat.

What is wrong with people?!

B gave a lecture to someone who called because she could not read our credit card number on a donation we made to the Foot and Mouth Painters.  "Sorry, I can't understand you," he said.  "Can you transfer me to someone who speaks English?"  Asking her where she was from, he was told the Philippines, so she too got an economic earful about sending money back "home", etc.  "Why do you come to Canada if you want to get back to the Philippines?  Do you think your children born here will want to go back to that corrupt and dangerous country?" he asked.  "Why don't you go to the US."  "Because they won't let me in," she replied. 

#Welcome to Canada.  By the way, she had to call back this morning because she still couldn't get the credit card number straight.  We give a donation because we keep the cards, but if it happens again, I am sending the cards back and not giving them a cent.       

No comments:

Post a Comment