Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Another wife

 "May I speak to Brian," a mysterious voice asked when I picked up the phone the other day.  "It's for you, I don't recognize the voice or name."  

It was his first wife (yes, I am his third), Denise.  And didn't they have a grand, old hour-long chat!  Well, why not.  I met her about 20 years ago, when we all had coffee so we could hand over their wedding album.  I made copies of the photos I wanted to keep, but she -- for some sentimental reason -- wanted the entire album.  Frankly, I liked her.  Can't say the same about the next one, who if you read my occasional blogs on that abysmal subject, is a complete b-tch.

She was calling, as promised, to tell B her mother had died -- at the amazing age of 100!  B always spoke very highly of his ex-mother-in-law, father-in-law too -- the latter of which was very angry when his daughter threw B over for a professional hockey player after just a year of marriage. But I can relate, having dated a couple of exciting hockey players myself, back in the day.  Very persistent and hard to resist!

So, 'tis the season to look back, remember and enjoy the life God has given each of us -- the good, bad and even the ugly! 

  

1 comment: