Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2020

This is beyond it!

 A friend of mine was standing in line for a coffee the other day.  When she placed her order, she said, "Black coffee, please."  The woman behind her admonished: "You shouldn't say 'black coffee'.  You should just say, "Coffee without cream."

She was Black, by the way.  She'd probably have objected if my friend had said, "White coffee, please."  Used to be we all stayed politely and tolerantly in our lanes with a live-and-let-live attitude.  But not anymore.  When I posted this anecdote on fb, some young woman (yes, she was Black) attacked me and said I was knowingly lying and just making this up.  Said I was a white racist.  Oh well.......what Caucasian isn't these days!?       

Others had a sense of humour -- like the guy who said he was surprised they still allowed "White Christmas" to be played on the radio.  Now, that was funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment