Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Last time I checked.....

 .....the "C" in YMCA stood for "Christian".  Apparently, even some of the younger staff at the local Y in Crowfoot don't know that.  This arose because they are putting up decorations and a tree in the lobby and I congratulated them.  

"And you better not call it a "holiday" tree," I admonished as I walked past towards the locker room.  "Well, some people might object," said one.  I went postal!  That's when I told her what the "C" stood for.  "Just remind anyone who dares challenge the tree of this basic fact," I added.  "Thanks," she replied, grateful for a little help in beating back the infidels.

I mean, if you're going to call it a "holiday" tree, you better change the name of the Y.  Seriously.  I am sick of it.  December 25th is not "season's" day, it's not "holiday" day.  It's Christmas Day, so please let us have one measly day to celebrate the birth of Christ.  

Started a little decorating today -- even though no one but the two of us might enjoy it.  Here are a few Christmas additions to our home:








Merry merry!

1 comment: