Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Complete B-tch

Had a yak-fest yesterday on the phone with a very old and very dear friend.  We go back 35 years.  Brought back memories of a complete b-tch we both knew.  This was a woman who went out of her way to be an obstructionist and a contrarian.  Thanks to her own personality, she snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Time and time again.

I had to deal with her for 25 years.  It was no picnic.  Thankfully, I can be a supreme b-tch myself, so was able to bring out the heavy artillery when required to protect myself from the venom.  I think "bitchiness" comes from a deep hatred of oneself, but manifests itself by imposing the self-loathing on others.  Don't you?  And why is it usually women who are the b-tches?

Thankfully, moving to Calgary removed this person from our lives. 

Do you think women who divorce their husbands should be allowed to keep the ex's name?  I think the ex should have to give approval.  My stepson agrees.  When I divorced I had to think about whether I would go back to my maiden name because I certainly couldn't keep my married name.    When I re-married, I took on my husband's.

So, that's how "Nancy Griffith Marley-Clarke" came about.  Man, what a handle!   

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment