Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

No filter

I think this woman has verbal tourette's, an affliction I just made up based on the syndrome itself.  It describes people who just come out with whatever -- regardless of how inappropriate.  I can say some pretty blunt things myself, but I would never say something this ill-manned to someone I didn't know. 

"Wow, you dress better than a hooker," yelled a bizarre woman with whom I swim many mornings.  Whaaaaat?!  Well, I don't actually swim with her because she can't swim.  We are in different lanes, but I see her there.  We were getting dressed in the locker room and she actually exclaimed the "hooker" remark to the entire room.  No one knew where to look or what to say. 

Then she laughed raucously.  This is a woman who tells everyone off if they are in her way, which rarely happens because she is so dawdling herself.  The only people she can pass are the water joggers.  The other odd thing about her is she has to swim with a snorkel because she can't breathe in the water.  Who does that?  Hey, learn!  You're fifty. 

"I'll take that as a compliment," I said.  "You should because most hookers dress very well," she replied.  Really?  The hookers I've seen dress like.......well........hookers.  I don't.  My usual outfit in the locker room is leggings and a T-shirt, with some kind of cotton camisole underneath.  In the winter it's sweat pants and a big jacket.  Hardly "hooker wear".

If she thinks I will ever favour her with a "hello" in the future, she can dream on.

I am madly training hard for my 2K Lake Windermere Open Water Swim in 10 days in Invermere B.C.  Naturally over-doing it, I injured my bad upper arm again, so need "graston-rod" treatment.  If you've ever had it, you'll know how painful it is, but it gets the job done.  Having my first one tomorrow morning. 

Ugh.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment