Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Couple of Airheads

Just listened to two young women debating "feminism" on CBC.  They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.  None. 

I'll tell you what a "feminist" is:  I am a feminist.  In 1968 I was on the vanguard of "feminism".  The pill had come out, bras were burned and we thought we had the ticket!  We were wrong.  The pill meant guys had carte blanche with girls; stupidly the girls thought they were "free".  Free?  Free for what?  Free to be used by guys is what that meant.  We were duped. 

I don't even know what a feminist is?  I have no clue about "women's lib".  What I do know is that I did not want to squander my university education hanging around the kitchen, asking my husband for $2 for nylons.  But I also did not want to be penalized for having the biological function of bearing children.  I wanted to be treated both as a woman and as a contributing member of society.  Thankfully, I managed that.  I have always earned my own money, raised my children without outside support and paid my bills -- all without the help of a man.

I still have no idea what "women's lib" is?  I have no idea what "feminism" is?  All I know is that I want to be independent, want to be treated like a lady, want to be a woman, want to be a mother and want to be a grandmother.  I don't hate men, I love men!

There is no reason women can't be women and men can't be men.  We are different, but equal.  Is that feminism?  I have no clue.             

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!! Now read the laws of Quebec and you will find out that men have NO rights/

    ReplyDelete