Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Welcome to Italy!

That's what B exclaimed when I read him a ridiculous article this morning, reprinted from The Telegraph.  Guess who is lecturing at a prestigious Italian University on how to handle "situations of panic and crisis"?!!??  Wait for it...........disgraced Costa Concordia Captain Francesco Schettino -- that's who! 

You could not make that up.  Not in a million years!  The guy is charged with multiple counts of manslaughter in the disaster he failed to deal with...."Oops, I accidentally tripped and fell into a lifeboat"......and scrambled to safety while hundreds of passengers and crew were still on board and many, many perished.  Here's a completely ludicrous and delusional quote:

"I was invited because I'm an expert," he told La Nazione newspaper.  "I illustrated how situations of panic should be managed.  I know how one should behave in cases like this, how one needs to act."  This is unbelievable!  His idea of how to act was to abandon ship and leave passengers to drown.  Hey, I'm alright, Jack! 

The course he lectured at was part of the department of forensic psychiatry.  Perfect, except they had the wrong end up.  The university claims it did not invite him and he simply "showed up" and gave a talk.

Please.   

1 comment:

  1. I believe he showed up - he is ITALIAN - he has a lot of Gaul, has NO conscience, no shame, !!!!!! OMG. CAN YOU IMGINE IF HE EVER DARED TO SHOW UP AT
    University of Toronto, McGill???? He'd be in hospital!!!!
    GREAT ARTICLE! thanks.

    ReplyDelete