Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Me and guess who?

"I like that necklace," said the famous basketball star.  He himself was decked out in earrings and piercings and....you name it....scarves, hats, shoes...........the whole deal.

This man played for the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks.  He earned the NBA all-defensive honours seven times and won the NBA defensive player of the year award twice.  He has also been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.  (Yes, basketball is a Canadian invention, James Naismith hailed from Almonte, Ontario.)  

Who was it?  Dennis Rodman.  He was making an appearance in Calgary five minutes from where we live to promote his new line of vodka.  A friend, with whom I swim, told me about it this morning and said he was going.  So I went, but the lineup was stupid.  Came home, but when he called again to tell me he was there, I went back.  Could not resist.  So, here I am with the infamous Dennis Rodman and an autographed bottle.  (Had to buy one to get my picture taken)  It was a lot of fun:





Ho hum, another typical Saturday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment