Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

Unfortunately.........

............I won't be going.  Was thrilled to have received an invitation to my cousin's daughter's wedding the other day.  Thrilled!  My first answer was, yes, I wouldn't miss it.  But then I began to run the scenario through in my mind.  No, it wouldn't work. 

My cousin and I grew up as bother and sister; we were very, very close.  Through his girlfriends, marriages and divorces, our bond was unbreakable.  Alas, his latest wife has managed it.  Before he married her, we were all close, but no longer.  Either she has no sense of humour (took offence at some blog I wrote.  Hell, if anyone takes offence at any of my blogs.....well, they're in for it....!!??), or she was looking for an excuse.  Regardless, she has ensured the rift.  But my cousin is not blameless, he let it happen. 

Bottom line, I cannot go to the wedding because I would have no support system.  Husband cannot attend, so I started to picture myself at the reception.  There I would be, alone.  It could have happened at my uncle's funeral last January, which I flew to attend, were it not for many high school friends who showed up.  We supported each other.  But this time, I don't think it will work. 

Sadly, I bought shower and wedding cards and sent off my gifts last week.  I adore my niece, but am going to have to miss her wedding. 

Warmest wishes to "K" and "P"!  xo N

No comments:

Post a Comment