Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

$1,200

My cousin died the other day in Ottawa.  The daughter of my late father's brother, she and I used to be close, but $1,200 changed all that.

On her deathbed, my mother recklessly decided to leave a few cousins money.  So, she revised her will and effed everything up.  Did I mention Mum was on BIG DRUGS at the end?  Anyway, $1,200 made a complete mess of my relationship with Heather.  (It's a long story, but essentially Heather went for broke and lost.)  The only reason I knew she had died was because apparently I remained a part-owner of the plot into which her son wanted to plant her, so he had to email me to get my permission.  Naturally, I relinquished any claim so he could put his mother, cousin Heather, into what was supposed to have been my corner. 

All OK, B and I are slated to be stuffed into another piece of dirt in Ottawa's Beechwood cemetery.  But see what a few bucks can mess up? 

Sad.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment