Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

In a State of Grace --Not!

I know Mass is supposed to transport me to a State of Grace, but it often doesn't.  Yesterday I got totally p-ssed off at the people beside and behind me because they didn't put one red cent into the basket.  It was duly passed, in we dropped our envelope, handed it along and....nothing.  Yet these are the same people who are on their knees, praying and singing as if they were at a 1930s revival meeting.

So annoying.  To the point that I didn't even turn around when the priest said...."Let us offer each other a sign of peace".  I just looked straight ahead and ignored their outstretched hands.  Hey, if you are well-heeled and singing praises to Jesus, yet don't put a penny into the basket, I don't want to know you.

Must be something wrong with me.

Other parishioners who annoy me are the father/son combo in the front pew.  They get there early, take up space and promptly ignore the basket.  The daughter leads the choir, so I guess they think Mass should be free for them.  Hey, if you aren't going to contribute, sit at the back, or out in the foyer.  Do people think the church runs on Holy Water?  Vapours?  Miracles?  Prayers?

Something else I don't understand are the Nigerian women who come to Mass in Nigerian dress??  What's that about?  Hello, we all live in Calgary!  What's with the headdresses and long, flowing gowns?
    
It's total BS and brings out the worst in me.     

 

 

2 comments:

  1. So...what would Jesus do? He'd accept those who didn't pay, offer peace to all with handshakes, would not judge the Nigerian women's attire, nor you in your intolerance. Something wrong? Time to work more on that perhaps...

    ReplyDelete