Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Just what the doctor ordered

"What the H-ll is that?" I said to no one in particular as I was peeling carrots and throwing out the peels.  The garbage pail was sweating water.  Unscientifically, I just wiped it off, put it back and closed the cupboard door.  Then I had another thought.

Is something leaking under the kitchen sink?  Got down on my hands and knees and starting feeling around.  Soaked.  Everything was effing soaked!  So I ran and got the drop sheet I had planned to use when painting the Muskoka chairs last summer (didn't happen) and cleared out the whole area.  Panicked, I called the plumber on the fridge magnet.  He didn't call back.  So called another and they arrived in two hours.  Luckily, B was determined enough to shut the seized water valves I couldn't budge under the sink so more water would not accumulate. 

What a mess.

Happily, the plumbers arrived and fixed the problem.  Calgary's hard, hard, hard water means that gunk builds up and messes with the faucets, which is what happened in my kitchen.  Five hundred $$$ later, I have a new set and no leaks.  I opted for the low-tech variety because they cause fewer problems and are much less expensive than the smarty-pants version.   

Encourage your kids to be plumbers. 
___________________________________

On another sad note, I went to get my haircut this morning, but unfortunately was scalped.  My short hair is now so short I look like a cancer victim whose post-chemo hair is just growing out.  Seriously.  Big earrings are now the only temporary remedy. 

I am so pissed off.   

No comments:

Post a Comment