Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Spring in my step

Much as I hate it, I slogged through a huge mall this morning because DSW has finally come to Calgary!  'Designer Shoe Warehouse' is an outlet I never missed when I used to travel to the US.  I was always in heaven, wading through aisle after aisle of fabulous shoes -- at fabulous prices.  But the store did not exist in Canada and, as I no longer plan to travel to the states, I had kind'a resigned myself to filing DSW into reverie-only mode.  

Now that wonderful outlet is here!  You have to realize that CrossIron Mills is an enormous mall and I can't stand shopping -- or is it the problem that I can't stand the people one has to push one's way past to get anywhere?  Yeah, that's actually my problem.  Other people.  As un-Christian as it is, I am not good when dealing with crowds of shoppers who have absolutely no idea where they are going...or so their aimless gawking seems to indicate.  A bad economy and drastic budget in Alberta?  You'd never know it from the mass and hysterical spending at CrossIron Mills.

Nevetheless, I knew exactly the shoes I wanted and found them immediately.  Grabbed the size, handed the box to B and said, "Get in the queue and meet me at exit 3.  I'll go get the car."  We were in and outta there in 15 minutes.  Whew.  Here are the Spring Slippers I bought:

       
This blog is not titled "The View From Hats and Heels" for nothing.  And by the way, shoes such as these are the reason I don't play golf!  

1 comment:

  1. "As I no longer plan on traveling to the States..." Permanently or due to the dollar?

    After spending my second winter in a row in Canada, I sure am glad to be back the South again.

    Great-looking shoes, though. You'd have more opportunity to wear them down here!!

    ReplyDelete