Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Musings

"My husband and I have become forgetful and absent-minded, so we got rid of our computer," said a lady I was chatting with in line at Walmart this morning.  What a riot!  Actually, I am tempted to do the same at times, what with dealing with everything I don't know that hits my in-basket.

What scares me most is B's potentially downloading a virus....or 20 -- especially via those official-looking emails he gets from our provider, telling him his account will be cancelled within 10 days if he doesn't "click here to reactivate".  Never, never do that because apparently these originate from criminals trying to steal your identity.  Yikes!
_______________________________

A couple of days ago, a 16-year-old girl was killed by a hit-and-run driver in downtown Calgary.  My problem is it was 3 a.m. and she was lying in the middle of the road.  "She's a young girl and she wasn't doing anything wrong," said Calgary police -- incredulously.  How stupid is it to be lying in the middle of the street at 3 a.m.?!  Her name was Tyla Chipaway and her parents' addictions meant she and her siblings grew up in foster homes all over the province.

It's all so sad.  No one was looking out for her.  This is Tyla:

_______________________________

Today's 'Globe and Mail' featured our departed ex-premier, Alison Redford, on its cover.  "Well, she finally got rid of that stupid hair," was my first thought -- although she still sports those out-of-it pearls (something I wear now and then on social occasions, but never to the office because it transmits an unprofessional, stuffy and entitled image).  In a far-reaching interview, all she basically admitted to was being a "polarizing figure".  Hey, that's putting it mildly!  Here's her new "look":




  

No comments:

Post a Comment