Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

"I'll buy her's."

"I'm sorry sir," said the cashier at the local liquor store this morning.  "You only get the discount if you buy 10 bottles; you only have nine."  That's when the young man turned to me, grabbed my wine and said, "Well then, I'll buy her's." 

I was flabbergasted!  I though for a minute that he was going to take my wine and I'd have to go back and get another bottle.  But no, he wanted to buy my wine and give it me, which he promptly did with a charming smile.  His two little daughters were beaming and so were the cashier and the woman behind me in line.  "Here, go home and chill it," said Doug (his name, I learned upon asking).  "I promise I will pay this forward," I said, as I thanked him on my way out. 

Recession or no recession, some people are wonderful in Calgary.  Made my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment