Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2018

Could not watch

The Junos.  Against my better judgement, thought I'd give it a chance, but when I watched the first number with 'Arcade Fire' and saw all the drumming and native stuff, I packed it in.  A few minutes later I switched back, hoping that act had departed, but was confronted by some guy who won something and kissed 100 people before taking the stage. 

That was it.  I knew it would have all been downhill from there, so I tuned in a Titanic movie marathon instead.  What I truly dreaded, however, was the veneration of Gord Downey -- which I knew was to come.  Can they not let the guy rest in peace?  Guess not, too much money to be made off of his cadaver.  And apparently, there is a whole lot of unreleased Downey music that lies in wait for his adoring fans.  So, it will never end.

This has been -- and continues to be -- happening with all kinds of dead people.  'Vanity Fair' had a huge ad featuring Marilyn Monroe advertising cameras.  The poor woman's been dead since 1962 -- that's 56 years!  It's all so sleazy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment