Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2018

How does he think these up?

Fairly regularly, B comes up with some brilliant expressions.  A few years ago, we were driving up Carling Ave. in Ottawa, talking about some b-llsh-t or other, and he said, "If you could just separate the crap from the crap."  Indeed.

"Life is composed of small victories and mediocre defeats," was another, said while his ex was in the process of hosing him financially.  Speaking of his ex, shortly before the courts had decided who was to get what, we were driving along the street on which she lived and noticed she was selling many of B's family's items in a garage sale.  When he parked and went over to ask why, she said, "Get off my street."  "Really?  I didn't know you'd bought the whole street," he noted.

When she bought a Honda Accord, B said, "There goes D in her Honda Discord." 

Calling him into his office one day, B's ex-military boss threatened, "I'd like you to know I'm a trained killer."  "Really?  I'm a born killer," B replied. 

"Get in the race, or hand me a water bottle," he said to yet another critic.  While at the PCO, one of his bosses tried to insult him by mentioning that B had only come second in the Rhodes Scholarship process.  "At least I was in the race," retorted B.  (Note:  It was in the era of Quebec's Quiet Revolution, when mailboxes were bombed and politicians killed.  B lost to Marcel Masse, a francophone who definitely ticked the political boxes at the time, but no other.)

Talking to him about something, Michael Kirby, B's boss in FPRO, said, "Boy I wouldn't want to run into you in a dark alley."  B was changing his shirt at the time.

There are some real gems there; feel free to use them.
__________________________________________

Just a word about the recent "gender bender" budget.  All puffery and nonsense, the budget's stated aim was to get more women into the workforce -- at least half, according to Morneau.  The salient point here is that neither Trudeau's nor Morneau's wives work outside the home.  How does that jive?  It doesn't.  And both have ample means to do so; Morneau's wife is a multi-millionaire and Trudeau's has two fulltime, paid-for-by-you-and-me nannies to let her get to an office every day.  I had to pay for my nannies myself and support nine people -- B's two kids, my two, his ex, my deadbeat ex and the nanny.  With B and me, that's nine.

Time to get serious here.    



 


No comments:

Post a Comment