Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2018

Looked like.....

....he had just rolled out of bed.  I'm talking about Preston Manning, into whom we ran at our favourite sandwich shop, "The Lazy Loaf and Kettle' in Bowness.  It's a great little spot serving fantastic food where one can buy half-price, day-old bread, baked on the premises.  But there was Preston, standing in line, hair disheveled, waiting for his lunch.  B and I went up and had a chat.  He was as phony as you know he is.  Fake smile and all the trimmings.

Reminded me of Joe Clark, with whom I had chatted on Commonwealth Day (which funnily enough is today) in the Railway Committee Room on The Hill a few years ago.  Stuffing my face with goodies and wine, I said to Joe, "So, here we are at the trough!"  The man actually took offence, telling me what important work he was doing....blah....blah.....blah!  That's how seriously "Joe Who" takes himself!  What!?!?!?!?!?  

Trying to find a hook upon which to hang my coat, I was blocked by someone's phone cord.  Turned out, this loser was the fat woman sitting next to us, charging her phone on the shop's dime and blocking access to the coat hanger.  I just pushed through and hung my coat over her line.  Then, trying to buy bread, I was blocked by a baby stroller and car seat stuffed into the racks; couldn't see to make a choice.  Turned out, the culprit was sitting right there watching me stretch over her baby seat, but didn't move a muscle to accommodate me -- someone who actually wanted to spend money.

Don't ya just hate new hippie parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment