Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Not by its cover

Was reminded of that today at lunch.  We have discovered a great little sandwich shop in Bowness called 'The Lazy Loaf and Kettle' and today I watched a group of six medical students sitting at a corner table, going over case studies with great enthusiasm.  Next to them was what I thought a bum. 

Fat and disheveled, he was eating and reading a newspaper.  Suddenly, he stood up, went over to the group and said, "I gather you are med students from Foothills."  "Yes," they answered.  He then put a couple of diagnostic questions to them.  Silence ensued.  "I have no idea," said one.  "Neither do I," said another.  Dr. ? then gave them the answer.  "Wow, I would never have got that," they all admitted.  They were amazed.  Dr. ? laughed and left. 

It was very cool and showed me I had judged someone incorrectly -- which I admit I do all the time.  I said to B, "These are the people who will be looking after us very soon."

We all learned something today.       

No comments:

Post a Comment