Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Every now and then.....

....I post something that has a bit to do with the title of this blog.  Today's 'Globe and Mail' featured some of the most hideous fashion statements on record.  Recently, I blogged about the peerless Oscar de la Renta; these "fashions" should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Here goes:
 
How can anyone leave the house looking like this?

From the ridiculous feather clunker shoes to the baggy top, this is a complete miss.

A giraffe print with no point.

Absolutely nothing needs saying in this monstrosity, featuring slippers to boot!

What are these shoes trying to say?  I have a few ugly chains in my costume box?

Baggy squared.

Would anyone go out with this man?  Cary Grant he is not.  Gawd, he's not even Gomer Pyle!

These earrings are from Chanel.  Imagine how much they cost?  No price, but let's hazard about $2,000 minimum:
 

 
I bought these in the eighties at Holt Renfrew and think I paid about $30.  I think they trump the Chanel's.  And I still wear them:
 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment