Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2022

More............

In my previous blog about the scam that is the Indigenous industry, I mentioned that the information had been forwarded to me by a reader.  What I did not mention was that it was an Indigenous reader who sent it me.  I asked her why she didn't post it herself?  "I can't because my whole family works in the industry."

See, that's the problem.  Until natives start telling the truth and calling their own leaders out on this financial boondoggle bullsh-t, they will advance neither culturally, nor socially.  No civilized society thrives without debate and so far, the only debating is among non-Indigenous researchers and scholars.  As long as native leaders continue to moan and dig up (literally, in the case of children's "graves"), the past, they will go nowhere -- except, of course, to the bank.

I have written about the "Sixties Scoop", decried hysterically by people like Tanya Talaga (herself born and raised in urban Toronto) and Pam Palmeter (another urban-raised "expert", in her case Fredericton) who tear their hair out in the media.  But now we learn that these children had to be removed from their parents because of abuse and neglect -- not to be tortured, starved and killed.  In fact, that's what would have happened had they not been removed.  

I was hoping for a few comments about the revelation that it was native leaders who wanted the schools to continue and expand.  But, none were posted.  That is disturbing because it would be nice if people reacted to truth now and again.  

So I guess the only one missing socks is me!  Ah well, blogging is what I will continue to do because I enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment