Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Out of the mouths.....

Was hang'in with granddaughter yesterday and admiring her luscious hair -- the colour so many women spend hundreds to copy.  "Your hair is so gorgeous," I said.  "I know and it's not coloured," she replied to a stunned me.  Well, obviously not.  She's eight.  

"You know, grandma, if people colour their hair, it's not really them.  They're trying to be someone else.  Like, if you dyed your hair, you wouldn't be you."  I was floored!  Where does this wisdom come from??!!  I don't discuss hair with her, and she doesn't read my blog, so this comes from her own observations.  I think I will be enjoying more of her bon mots as she grows.  Here she is in her mother's beautiful front garden, with the carrot she picked for me, and out for dinner the other night:


     


No comments:

Post a Comment