Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

A coupl'a things

I'm almost afraid to say the word, so I'll just say that the place I'm writing about is in B.C., starts with a "K" and ends with an "oops".  The reason I'm spooked is because facebook deleted two blogs I did about this particular residential school immediately upon my posting them, claiming I had broken some of its rules.  I have asked for a review, but so far haven't received one.

So, it is with trepidation I attempt to cover the topic of these supposed mass graves once again.  When claims were made of hundreds of native children having been buried there, national and international panic and hysteria erupted.  Even the pope came over and apologized!  Thus, the band was handed $8,000,000 by the federal government to excavate these remains, but the problem is no excavation has taken place because there are no graves to be found!  Just tree roots and rocks.  

What has happened to the $8,000,000, even after an archeological report determined there was nothing there?  The band won't release the report and won't say where the $8,000,000 went.  Many are calling for a public inquiry to provide clarity and accountability to this blemish on Canadian history, but we all know where that will lead:  Nowhere.

And speaking of money, the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) has passed an emergency resolution that says a forensic audit of its finances is "not warranted and should not be undertaken".  Former chief RoseAnne Archibald called for one in 2022 over alleged financial impropriety, which the chiefs actually supported back then.

RoseAnne as chief, calling in vain for a forensic audit.

However, in a resolution Tuesday at its national conference the AFN reversed that decision.  Gee, I wonder why?  Some chiefs put forward a motion to update a few financial compliance policies on the use of credit cards, for instance, but guess what?  It too was voted down.

I don't know about you, but when I worked for the federal government, I had to account for every cup of coffee I had while working out-of-town.  This accountability was sadly cancelled by Trudeau the minute he took office eight years ago.  We can only hope that Poilievre will restore the accountability act when he takes over.  As I have said, why are the natives protected?  The majority doesn't even vote in civic elections.

If all this doesn't scream FRAUD,  I don't know what does?!



 

1 comment:

  1. Trudeau was actually mulling over legislation that would make it an offence to deny any of Canada's supposed genocidal actions against natives including the murder of children at residential schools. The fact that all investigations have shown there are no mass graves has not deterred Trudeau from silencing dissenters.

    On the forensic audit apparently the natives went to accountants to discuss their forensic audit and these accountants advised them not to proceed.

    The only reason for such advice is the accountants certain knowledge that such a review would reveal massive native fraud.

    This is what it must be like to live in Russia or China.

    ReplyDelete