Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Annoying

B came back from the doctor's today and announced he had lost 6 lbs. in a week. How annoying. All he seems to have to do is NOT eat a chip and he loses weight. I, on the other hand, never eat junk food, never eat sugar, never eat between meals, never eat after dinner, never eat dessert and swim 50 laps a day and presto! Nothing changes!

Granted, I stay the same, but what the hell would I have to do to lose?! But, you know what? I am not going there ever again. I spent years starving myself, watching everything I put in my mouth, spitting out stuff after chewing and tasting it, counting every calorie, going to bed if I had hit my daily maximum number of calories rather than risk sneaking a forbidden morsel. I was borderline anorexic and a step away from bulimia. No wonder B used to say, "You're always in a bad mood, why is that?" as he munched his way happily through a tin of cashews. Granted, those were the days when I worked all day at an office and then had to come home to B and four kids. Who wouldn't be in a bad mood!

Since retiring, I have no clue how I managed that life. None. Who was that person? How did she function? She would come home from a stupid day at the office, where she had to battle illogical bosses (usually women) at every step and say, "I'm going upstairs to change...into a different person." Then it was dinner while running up and down the stairs doing laundry, then it was bath and bedtime, then it was clean up dinner, then it was lunches for the next day, then it was setting out the breakfast stuff and then it was..........10 o'clock!! Whoa! How did it all happen?

As I said, I still have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment