Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Babies in the office

A big media stink about an NDP MP being asked to take her baby out of the House of Commons yesterday. Yeah, well, right. Who gets to take their baby to the office? The rest of us have to make complicated and less-than-ideal child-care arrangements over many years, working with painfully engorged breasts and other maternal worries while smiling numbly through endless, interminable meetings. But MPs think they can bring the babes right onto the floor.

I remember being ticked off years ago that both Mila Mulroney(Brian's wife) and Sheila Copps were bragging about how they had their babies in their offices. Why couldn't the rest of us? Or, why couldn't we at least have on-site daycare? Governments have been blabbling for years about universal daycare, but it never happens. I believe it would cut down radically on later incarcerations of kids left to roam the streets and fall into criminal gangs.

The whinging MP should be grateful she can bring her kid to her Parliament Hill office every day, instead of complaining she can't actually bring it into the Commons chamber.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I'll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it friend :)
    Napoleon 2200 Timberwolf Economizer EPA Medium Wood Burning Stove Timberwolf Economizer EPA Medium Wood Burning Stove with Black Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you as a reader. Of the 236 blogs I have entered, I guess a few might have been boring! It's February and the blahs are upon us here in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete