Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Man haters

Lunching at "Joey Tomato" in Crowfoot today, after my dental* appointment (B's idea), I watched as two middle-aged women greeted each other with air kisses.  Always on the lookout for blog fodder, I sensed these two would be great material.  I was not wrong.  Shamelessly, I eavesdropped while pretending to watch the sports channel above the bar. 

"He had the nerve to ask what the charges were for on the credit card," complained one.  "When I told him they were for glasses and a new dishwasher, he actually offered to pick one out and install it!"  "It's a control issue with him," stated her luncheon partner with unwavering feminist authority. 

I hate to say "I told you so", but both were "dyed blondes".  They then spent the next hour complaining about the men in their lives --both past and present.  "And there he is, living with another woman!" What was clear to me was that the "dishwasher" woman was having a paid-for affair with the "installer" guy -- else why would he be permitted to question her credit card statement and offer to pick out and install the thing?

I mean, come on.  Their whole lunch was a man-hating diatribe against the men who were financing them overall and paying for the lunch they were enjoying at that particular moment -- one because of a divorce, the other by means of an affair.  My philosophy is if you are pocketing a guy's money, button it. 

As I have always said, women are their own worst enemies.

* It is a "dental", not "dentist" appointment.  Just to be a grammar natzi for a minute, a "dentist appointment" would be a generic appointment most dentists have.  A "dentist's appointment" would mean a specific type of appointment a dentist might have.  "Dental" is an adjective, just as is"educational".  Too many times we see "education system", instead of "educational system".  Depressing.       

       

2 comments:

  1. Oh, give me a break - your far too intelligent to write about those boring cows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a tribute to women who have supported themselves all their lives, I believe these parasites should be outed. And I include Gloria Steinem in the "parasite" category. She has been funded by men all her life. Look her up.

    ReplyDelete