Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So there I was........

.....punching and pushing every button on the radio.  But low and behold, it was an old-fashioned dial tuner that you had to zoom in and out with your fingers.  Whoa!  That was me in our villa in Kona.  The other thing that made me laugh was when I asked a young staffer at the local grocery store if they sold "film".  "Film?  What's that?", she asked.  Yeah, people under a certain age have no idea what bloody film is.

A few days ago I bought groceries in a local mart.  The young man at the cash asked for my phone number so I could save $$.  Gave it to him.  Several customers later, he asked daughter Susanne for hers.  Spotting me waiting for her he said, "I'll just use your Mum's number."  He had actually remembered my phone number five customers later!

The biggest shock came three days later -- three days! Three days!  Went back and.....wait for it, he looked at me and......remembered my phone number!  How can that be??!!  I stupidly asked him if he were an "idiot savant, without the idiot part"?  He said he was, but was no good at math.  Huh??!!  This young man amazed me.

Walking out of the store, I spied a couple of very weird animals.  Ugly, small, long and brown.  Turns out they were mongoose(s).  They eat insects and rodents, so that was a confirmation that there are rodents in Hawaii. 

More later................   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment