Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

So, Dan............

This is for "Hairburner".  Out for dinner on notorious 17th Avenue this evening and was seated beside an absolutely gorgeous young woman!  You have to know that the average age in Calgary is 34, so we are always the geezers everywhere we go.  But!  But!  But! Not to let them see the whites of my eyes, I usually spot something.  This evening it was her hair. 

Trimmed tightly around the ears and back, it was about three to four inches long on top.  Stunning jet black.  "You are gorgeous," I said to her.  Surprised, she said, "Thank you so much."  Her hair was upright, but not gelled or stiff.  Some of it then curled down over her forehead, the rest was bolt upright.  "What do you use to get your hair that way?" I asked.  "Hair clay and wax," she replied.  "I don't want it greasy."  Took her picture with my phone, but have no clue how to insert it into this blog.  Duh. 

So, Dan, what do you think?  What was she doing with her hair to get it so beautifully tousled, yet stationary?  What the h-ll is hair clay?  I await your expert comments.

p.s.  Canada's darling, Barbara Ann Scott, died yesterday.  Before Nancy Greene, there was Barbara Ann, the only woman ever to have won gold for Canada at the Olympics in figure skating.  1948.  I remember seeing her perform at the Minto Skating Club on Argyle Street, where the YMCA now sits.  She did a spiral and glided all around the rink without stopping.  It was magical!  How she kept moving I will never know? 

     

3 comments:

  1. Yes, RIP dear Barbara Ann Scott.
    Nancy, I want you to take a new picture of yourself in a fall hat!!!
    You and I are hat faces so we need to keep
    it relevant to the seasons!! Hugs, Moi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have any winter hats, but may get one.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes hair clay and wax and paste..oh my!
    These products hold your hair without drying completely like a gel so they never look or feel hard and stiff. You can manipulate them endlessly restyling your hair unlike gel where once you touch your hard hair the gel seal is broken and your hair deflates like a bad souffle.
    A little bit of clay/wax/paste goes a very long way so caution is advised. Too much and you\ll look like you\ve been Brylcreamed!
    My favorite is Aveda Control Paste, shine and hold, nice herbal smell. It can cost a lot but lasts a good long time. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete