Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

A little fashion update..........

"Oh, that's a very old, out-of-date fragrance.  We don't carry that anymore," sniffed the duty-free perfume salesgirl to B, when he was visiting Houston a few months ago. 

An "old, out-of-date fragrance"?  It's classical Oscar de la Renta and I have worn it exclusively for 35 years.  Everything I own and wear carries its scent.  I absolutely love it.  But could I find it?  No.  Went on-line and visited quite a few sites until I finally found it at The Bay.  Yes, the good old Bay still carries classical Oscar de la Renta.  Off to Market Mall I took myself and snagged the last Eau de Toilette spray on the shelf.  Only cost me $109.00.  Yikes!  But when you settle on a scent you love, what's $109!!??  And besides, it will last me five years.

Heck, while I'm there, why not check out 'Reitman's'.  I know you're surprised because 'Reitman's' was a shop my very-conservative, late mother frequented.*  Caught dead in 'Reitman's'?  I don't think so.  But a flyer had arrived at our door and for once I actually read it.  Spotted some adorable pencil skits in pink, green and yellow.  This is 'Reitman's'!? I marvelled.  Yes, 'Reitman's' has been transformed.  Bought two fabulous stretch pencil skirts, one pink, one green, for $28@.  Now, there's a deal. 

Because I never shop, couldn't leave without hitting H & M, where I bought a fabulous necklace that I can't even really describe, so "native" is it.  Grabbed a pair of $7 earrings on the way out (yes, I paid for them).

So, it was a rare "fashion day" for me as I prepare to visit Ottawa for 10 days. 

Can you tell I am not watching the shellacking The Senators are taking at the sticks of The Penguins? 

Way too many penalties and turn-overs.  Pathetic.   

____________________________________
* Did I ever tell you about what my mother said to me one Sunday evening when we were there for dinner?  I thought I was pretty spiffily dressed, but no.  "G-d, I certainly hope you don't go to the office in some of the get-ups you wear here."  That's exactly what she said, looking me up and down with manifest disapproval.  I was gobsmacked.    



   

No comments:

Post a Comment